How to Measure a Dress
Before we start with the measuring, lay down the dress on a flat hard surface and smooth out any wrinkles you might see. Once that is done, follow the below steps:
- Bust: The measurement is taken from side seam to side seam directly under the armhole or sleeve.
- Waist: This is the smallest part of your waist. The measurement is taken from side to side directly at the waistline
- Hip: This is the widest part of your hip, across the hipbone. Measurement is taken approximately 7–9 inches below the natural waistline. The measurement is taken from side to side directly at the hip line
- Flare: This is the length of the flare of your dress. Flare is the bottom wide length of your dress.
- Strap to Hem: This measurement is obtained from the top of the strap down to the hem.
- Waist to Hem: The length measurement is obtained from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the hemline.
← Older Post Newer Post →